Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Simple Joy #6

I love painted faces. They just look so cheerful and childish. I think it is impossible to see a child with a brightly painted face and not smile. I have very vivid memories of my face being painted at fairs and carnivals as a child. More importantly, I have wonderful memories of my mom painting my face and my sister's face in our own backyard. My mom was wonderful at playing with us and I remember her painting our faces one day for absolutely no reason other than it was just plain fun. Today Eva and I did the same thing. I painted her face and then she painted mine. We had no special place to go. We had absolutely no reason to paint our faces....it just simply sounded fun. And quite honestly, is there a better reason than that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Baby.......

I'm thinking about you all - love all the pics!!!! Hugs and Kisses!

Matt

Anonymous said...

Such fond memories for me, too, Jump... seems only like yesterday!
xoxo