Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July!

The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the patriotic sense of it, as well as all of the fun things that go along with it (parades, grilling out, fireworks, get-togethers, etc.). It is just another reason to enjoy summer even more!! We were blessed with a wonderful weekend - beautiful weather and time well spent with family and friends. One of my favorite parts was that our family watched fireworks snuggled up together on our back porch. We had a beautiful view of about 5 different firework displays. It was amazing!

Some pictures of our weekend:

Eva and Jaden in their Fourth of July outfits!
Eva is afraid of the fireworks loud noise (and was concerned the birds would be afraid too)! We fixed it by letting her listen to music with Daddy's special headphones!

A little sibling waterfight is always a good time....only Jaden was the only one getting soaked - but he LOVED it!

Our little man practicing his baseball swing!

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free and I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me."

--Lee Greenwood

Side Note: Thanks, Dad, for all you've done in your life to ensure the freedom of not only those you love, but all Americans!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute!!!! Sounds like you had a great 4th! Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jamie. That means a lot to me. I love you little girl.

Love, Dad

Mom of Double A said...

What cute kids! They are getting nice tans this summer.
Love the baseball picture. Our hubbies are going to have lots of fun with our boys as they get older-playing every sport possible.
Miss you,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Fun Times! We did a lot of the same stuff this past weekend, BBQ's, went swimming, fireworks ect. Ben's birthday is also on the 4th so we celebrated that! I love just relaxing hanging out with friends and family on a long weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie - it was great seeing you, Matt & the kids when we were up there. Thanks for the BBQ. Oh yea, and sorry about peeing in your pool - I just didn't think I could make it inside in time.

Little bro Matt