Monday, July 14, 2008

Hey Batter Batter!!!!

Matt and I very rarely buy our children toys. The main reason is that they are blessed with family and friends that are more than willing to shower them with enough goodies at Christmas and birthdays to last them the entire year. Another reason is that we want our children to run, jump, skip, and play instead of being consistently bombarded by a bunch of toys that they will soon lose interest in. Soooo....when we DO get a toy for them we try to make it a special occasion. Eva has been asking for a baseball mitt since December. She is our little sports nut and would spend all day every day hitting baseballs, kicking a soccer ball, swimming, and shooting hoops. She simply loves anything athletic. Matt and I finally decided it was time to get our little peanut her own baseball mitt so we made a special night of it. We took Eva and Jaden out for dinner and then to Dick's Sporting Goods to pick out her mitt. Enjoy some pictures of her special evening:

We started off by going out for a special dinner. Eva even got to shape her own tortilla shell and watch them cook it (she shaped it like a fish):
I love to watch her when we go into Dick's Sporting Goods. It's as if we have walked into Disneyland. She just can't contain her excitement! This is her trying on a catcher's helmet.
Picking out the coveted baseball glove
I think we found a keeper!! She asked that night if her mitt could sleep with her in her bed.
This picture is completely unrelated to our special evening...but it is a reminder to myself and all mommies out there that our little ones are only little for such a short amount of time. Cherish every single moment. I walked past my little munchkins shoes sitting together like this on our back step and literally stopped dead in my tracks to look at them...so tiny and so sweet.
"YOU will always be your child's favorite toy."
--Vicki Lansky

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh I LOVE that quote! Too cute! I am so glad she loved her mitt! AND CUTE pics of the shoes! I need to take one like that for my kiddos!

Anonymous said...

I love that quote, too... and, oh such truth!!! The excitment in Eva's eyes - WOW!
xoxo

Kristen said...

I love that her mitt is pink! That is just too cute! And really could she look any more proud? :)

And the shoes pic, is the best ever! You should totally use that shot for your profile picture. An everyday reminder of these special days.

Nice to check out your blog Jamie. I didn't realize you were reading us. And I have to admit, I am dying to know who else you have become addicted too! There are some great ladies out there! Happy reading. :)