Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It stopped me in my tracks...

As I was unloading the dishwasher today something actually made me stop dead in my tracks.  No, I didn't see any moldy food or critters in there (thank goodness).  The thing that made me stop dead in my tracks was this....

Yep...cups.

As I was unloading the dishwasher I was pulling out cup after cup after cup.  My first thought was, "We sure go use a lot of cups!!!"  Then I thought, "Are Eva and Jaden wasting them?!  Are they using them once and sticking them in there?"

Then my mind went to this...

I remember when I would pull out bottle after bottle after bottle...

I remember when I would pull out sippy cup after sippy cup after sippy cup....

and now we are on plastic kids cups.

To quote Ferris Bueller (yes, I realize I am dating myself here)....

"Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in awhile...you could miss it."  


Note:  I could get much deeper on this subject...I'm totally guilty of not living in the moment enough and experiencing the incredible guilt that goes along with it.  However,  today I'm just not feelin' a deep post is what I want to be writing.  It's beautiful in our neck of the woods...the sun is shining and I think part of my "live in the moment" attitude today is going to include a walk outside.   I'm thinkin' a glass of wine sounds pretty darn good too!  Cheers everyone.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

sooo true my friend.... Simple reflections! Now on a side note.... Love that movie! Great quotes from that one.