Monday, March 14, 2011

Fun Times...

Eva's class recently had a "Donuts for Dads" day.  Unfortunately it was a day that Matt was going to be out of town...however, we've never let something like that stop us before!  We find a way to make it all work!

Soooo...Matt went into her class a day early and brought our special homemade chocolate chip cookies in for everyone (which Eva helped bake)!  Matt visited with the class and Eva presented him with a special card.  Matt is such an amazing dad and I love that he made this such a high priority.   Eva loved that he had his own special day....and I loved her teacher for allowing us to work around the schedule a bit! 

On the day of the event I was the lucky girl that got to fill in for dad!  Eva was adorable...she was excited that both of us got to be part of this special day!   On the day I was going in I asked her what I should wear (I have such fun memories of my parents letting me help pick out their clothes when they would come into my school for something special).  Eva insisted we dress like twins!  I loved it, but it was a little bit of a challenge.  After walking between her closet and my closet about 20 times I had it all figured out...black stretch pants, jean skirts, and black sweaters.  Then my favorite part...


Thanks to our little girl Matt and I BOTH had a wonderful time at Donuts for Dads!!!! 

"To us, family means putting your arms around eachother and being there."
--Barbara Bush

No comments: