Monday, June 15, 2009

A Special Milestone.

My little girl hit a big milestone today....a huge milestone. She can officially ride a two-wheel bike with NO training wheels.

I am completely and utterly stunned...she is only four years old!!!

In true Eva fashion she did it her way. She decided last week that she wanted to learn. Every moment she could she practiced...and practiced...and practiced. This past weekend she literally spent 45 minutes just practicing riding in a circle with one training wheel on. When I would offer to help her she would politely refuse...she was gonna do this herself.

Today we took off the remaining training wheel. She got on the bike again and I asked if she wanted me to run with her to practice. She agreed. I ran about 15 steps with her and she said, "Mommy, I can do it myself."

And she did.

My baby is growing up....and I couldn't be more proud.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

WOW!! Such a big girl! Tell "Eba" that Tess is soooo proud of her friend! She looks like she is having a ball in the photo!
Hugs!

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

I'm super proud of you Eva!!!

The Sophisticated Country Girl said...

I'm so proud of Eva.... Ethan started riding his bike without training wheels at 3 1/2 and I remembering thinking to myself.... my baby can't ride a bike ALREADY!! It truly is a huge milestone... I'm proud of her!

Matt said...

Daddy's so proud of his little princess! Anybody got any shrinkwrap to keep her from growing up??

Mom said...

BITTERSWEET... so proud of her achievement --- so sad to see her growing up right before my eyes. That Eva Marie is one special girl!!!

Amy said...

We just bought the kids bikes this past weekend...yes, our almost 8 year old now has a bike! He got on it with no problem...

Way to go Eva!!! So proud!!

Aunt Betty said...

Yes, Eva, you did it. Good job

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you Eva Marie!! Love, PaPa & Grandma Kay