I love to listen to the way little ones pronounce certain words....some actually make me giggle out loud because they are so darn cute!! The part that I love the best is that they are not trying to be cute, but rather they are trying to say the word correctly. Every once in awhile you get a word that actually makes more sense than the correct word.
For example, when my sister was little she would say "roller paper" for toilet paper. Our family still uses that word at times. It makes sense and sounds a lot better than toilet paper!!!!
Eva coined the word "fuzzies" for boogers at about age two. I love it. Our family seems to have permanently replaced the word boogers in our vocabulary with fuzzies...as in"Eva, you have a fuzzy in your nose please go get a Kleenex." Not only does that word alone sound nicer than booger - it also sounds much more pleasant when you are in public.
My latest favorite...
Eva pronounces December as "Brrr-cember"
Now honestly, don't you think that makes a lot more sense? I sure do.
From now on it's definitely Brrr-cember in my book!
3 comments:
Love that! I love it too when the kids do this, then it makes me sad if they start to say the word correctly. Logan just started saying "tomatoes" correctly instead of "batanoes". :(
Miss you!
I love the language of kids!
Austin sometimes gets his phrasing mixed up a little bit...yesterday he said: "Can I have a drink of your sip?".
Love it!
Cripe and use the words that the kids use too like "feet" instead of "sweet", and "picey" instead of "spicey"... We love it!!!
Post a Comment