Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our First Family Walk

Our friends Kim and Kevin (along with their girls Tessa and Ella) invited us to join them for a local "Family Walk". We knew it would be fun - we always have a great time with Kim and Kevin - but we were surprised at just how wonderful it was for all of us! The walk was 2 miles long and during the entire route were people blowing bubbles, characters dressed up cheering on the walkers, people spraying us with spray bottles, and even people handing out water. It was SUCH a good time and a GREAT experience for the kiddies!! Not only did it reinforce the importance of being active - it made it fun!

Our little girl has wanted to do a walk ever since I participated in the 60 mile walk to end breast cancer. She took this walk pretty seriously! I loved watching her soak in every moment. She walked a mile and a half before she and Tess decided to jump in the wagon. For her age I thought that was awesome! I also loved that all of the walkers got race T-shirts and race numbers...and they were all #1!
After the walk all of the children received medals! My little ones (especially Eva) were ecstatic! It has been 2 days now and she is still wearing it! I love it!
The evening ended with dinner together and ice cream (special treat!) afterwards. I think it is safe to say that we all had an amazing time!! Eva is already asking when we can do a walk again!

5 comments:

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Love the medals... and they really are sooo proud of them it's too cute. It reminds me of the days of the Bristol homecoming parade and the little trophy I won that I use to polish all the time.

Angel said...

LOVE IT! I am sooooo jealous of the family walk! Why don't we have something like that? Adorable.

Kelli said...

What a nice thing to do...and I love that your daughter took it so seriously!

Kimberly said...

We are already ready for next year! We ALL had SOOOO much fun with our dear friends! Matt will have to join us next year!
We were so proud of all the kids, including the oldest...Kevin! Love you guys!

Lynda Meyers said...

What a wonderful way to teach kids to give back. To love giving back. To love being a part of community!

Thanks so much for sharing this! Your kids are adorable!!

Grace,
Madison Richards