Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bacon and Feta Inside Out Burger

The other night I was watching The Ultimate Burger Challenge on the Food Network. Let me tell you, I became totally inspired to make a burger that was more than a slab of meat on a bun! The next day I set out to create MY version of the Ultimate Burger and it was a hit!!! I'm already looking forward to making them again...they were THAT good!

1. Create 2 hamburger patties (thin). Put crumbled bacon and feta cheese on one and then top it with the other patty. Pinch them together and grill them as you normally would.

2. Mix together salad greens (I enjoy the whole leaf spinach mix) and a small amount of feta cheese. Add Honey Mustard Dressing (Newman's Own is my favorite). For a crunchy texture I also crushed croutons and added to this mixture.

3. Top the burgers with the lettuce mixture, a tomato slice, and a warm toasted bun!


The name "inside out burger" is because most of the toppings are tucked into the actual burger....yummy!

8 comments:

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Looks damn good!!!

Loukia said...

Oh wow that look ssooo good! I'm totally going to try that one day! Yummy! :)

beachy keen girl said...

anything with feta has to be good! :) looks delish.

Kelli said...

What time is dinner? That looks yummy.

kat said...

Hey J~
We watched the same show and were just talking about making them tonight. Looks good!
Love you~
kat

Matt said...

Careful J - Bobby Flay might come for a "throwdown challenge"! It tasted even better than the picture shows!

Angel said...

Yum! Making it! P.S. I still need your salsa recipe...

Jamie G. said...

Feel free to invite your favorite neighbors over next time you make that one! ;-)