Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt!

Birthdays are a very big deal in our family....a very big deal. Matt celebrated his special day yesterday and the little ones and I spent days getting ready for it! We had so much fun coming up with ways to let Daddy know how special he is to us...and how excited we are to celebrate his birthday!

Making paper chains! We hung them from the door so he would have to walk through them when he got home from work!
We made Daddy's favorite chocolate chip cookies and surprised him at work with them! We arranged them in a basket, picked out some special balloons at the store to attach to the basket, and delivered them ourselves! So fun!! Eva went to each person in Daddy's office and offered them a cookie! Jaden was bursting with excitement and was yelling "Da Da" before we even got in the door!

Wrapping gifts! Eva wrapped the gift from her and Jaden allll by herself (it was a basketball....I absolutely loved how she wrapped it...made this mama smile from ear to ear!)

Decorating his special cake! Eva and Jaden did the decorating all by themselves and had a ball doing it! I loved watching their creativity!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! We hope your special day was as amazing as you are to us!! We love you!

8 comments:

Matt said...

I love it!! Thanks so much for makeing it so special J!

You're the best.

Jami said...

Happy Birthday, Matt! How many candles were on that cake anyhow!?!

Stacey said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Matt!

Loukia said...

OH HOW SWEET is all of that! Very special, your hubby must have been so happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday little brother!!

Love you

Kimberly said...

I love the birthday celebration for the big man of the house, it appears he needs more candles on the cake, he is getting older, although he won't catch up with Kevin :) I loved the photos, the kiddos look like they had a great time!

Bobbie said...

What fun birthdays are during these very special times with the kiddos! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATTHEW!

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Happy Birthday Fisher!!!! How old are you 42?????!!!! Just kidding. Hope it was wonderful, and you enjoy your basketball hoop!!