Monday, February 16, 2009

Recognized....

This past week the little ones and I were meandering the aisles of Target (does this surprise anyone?) when someone said to me, "Excuse me...this is going to sound odd...but are you The Blissfully Happy Housewife?"

I started laughing hysterically...and the poor girl probably thought I'd lost my mind!

The reason I was laughing so hard is because the LAST time I was at Target I saw someone and said, "Excuse me....this is going to sound odd...but aren't you Heather from the blog Livin' the Dream?"

Really. What are the chances?

Sometimes the whole blogging world just kind of blows my mind. As I have said before, I started this blog to document the little things that happen in my life, but so much more as evolved out of it. Yes, I put my life out there for people to read...but I also read about your lives too. Though you may not know it I often laugh and cry with you as I read your posts. You have all become a part of my life...and after my run-in at Target I realized that for some of you I have become part of yours.

So let's raise our glasses for a toast my friends (who cares that it is only lunchtime)...to old friendships grown stronger and new friendships made through this wonderful world of blogging!

And to my reader that I met at Target....an extra toast to you! Thanks so much for taking the time and sayin' hello! It made my day!

Have a beautiful day!
Jamie

PS. For those of you that read my blog but have never commented - the door is always open! I love getting to know my readers and linking back to your blogs!

8 comments:

Marika said...

I just love how blogging helps people make connections! This is a great post!

Unknown said...

That is funny Jamie! Who knew you were such a celebrity?? :) Can I get an autograph?

Unknown said...

Jamie, I love that you said something that day when you saw me at Target!!!! Wish I would've had more time to "meet you" My son had just been at the Dr. and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia and an ear infection. SO I was on a straight shot to the pharmacy. Anyways.... I loved meeting you in person. I have read your blog in the past when I have went from blog to linked blog. I've been limiting my time on the computer so I haven't been over here to your site for a while.

I also love blogging and the friendships you make. It's so much fun. Man I can't imagine how much time will free up to use the computer when all 4 of my kids are in school. JK. :)

Kelli said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog and meeting you through the blog world. Stop by anytime and say hello, you are always welcome!

Amy said...

How funny! Now that's a small world!! I love my little bloggy world!

Nicole said...

That is funny! I have often saw people and that wow they look so familiar but I didn't know from where and I am sure a few times it is a fellow blogger! I am with you on loving the blogging world. I love hopping from one blog to the next! God has blessed me with a chance to read alot of encouraging and funny blogs!

Anonymous said...

Funny Jam! I was at Target a couple weeks ago and saw the "Livin the Dream" girl, but didn't have the guts to say anything. I didn't want her to think that I was some strange person. :)Maybe next time.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Heather...if you are reading this (and have read all the comments on this post) - I am thinking we may spend way too much time at Target!!!!

Ha!! Just kiddin'!!

Jamie