Eva has had a fear of monsters lately. She is afraid they are outside her bedroom window at night. I have tried patiently explaining to her that there are no monsters out there...even going as far as going outside together at night and looking for any monsters!
Though we found absolutely no signs of monsters anywhere her fears did not subside.
I felt so bad for her because the fear was real..she was not making this up...she really thought there were monsters out there and was afraid to sleep in her bed! I racked my brain for a way to make her feel safe and comfortable again.
My solution was to whip up a little "monster spray" (water with a little fragrance in it). I explained to her that we just need to spray the monster spray wherever she feels monsters might be hiding and it will keep all monsters away!!
It has worked like a charm! Eva sprays her monster spray around her windows every night, then crawls into her bed and falls fast asleep.
10 comments:
What a great idea!
This is great...Avery has the same fears, so you may have to send me your magic potion! :)
there are still times in my life that I could use a little monster spray!!! LOL
I hear ya, Bear... me, too!!!
Love your Mommy ideas! If my body and spirit said OK, maybe I'd have a few more wee ones just to try some of your ideas out. However that is highly unlikely, as it seems I keep needing to come up with new ideas for my college kids, teens, pre-teens. So ... could you start "thinking" a little older, and share some of those ideas? Thanks!
Not sure if I commented before, but I do enjoy reading your blog!
Might be something to market Jame! You could have all different sizes for the big and small ones!
JON
Love this idea! Maybe I need some of this to help me sleep better these last few weeks!
Great idea - you are such a great Mommy!
Good idea! Two summers ago we were at my in-law's and they thought there were scary monsters at the home...I showed the kids the sensor lights outside...keeps all monsters away too!!
Can I jsut say my friend has the best ideas....Moster spray, night night potion...What will be next? Have you ever thought of packing the moster spray for some of the characters we encounter out in public? Love it :)
Post a Comment