Lately Eva has been telling Matt and I she wants to be a boy so she can play sports. It dawned on us that most of the sporting events we watch are men's sporting events. We decided we needed to make a conscious effort to show our little girl that ladies can ROCK the sports world too!!
Last night we took Eva and Jaden to a Notre Dame girls basketball game. She loved it, as did her brother! When they were announcing the starting line up they turned off all of the lights and used spotlights! I took Eva as close as I could so she could see the action and some super friendly ushers noticed how much my little girl loved it...they took us right down on the floor so we could be right with the action! The picture below is of Eva with the girls basketball team illuminated by a spotlight behind her!!
9 comments:
From a girl who has ALWAYS loved sports...that is awesome!
What a fun family outing.
I remember my sister thinking the exact same thing Eva is now - that sports were "for boys". Later, she went on to have an amazing high school and college sports experience and I credit that to my parents who surrounded her with good, female, sports role models - showing her what she could do and pushing her to pursue her passion. What an awesome night for Eva!
hey! nice to meet you.
raising 2 boys is sooo up my alley. especially noticing that sweet bow in your cutie's hair. if i would have had a girl...she'd be lookin' like a boy! ☺
JAmie that is priceless!
Came across your blog and it's so cute! Your kiddos are adorable!!!
It looks like the girls basketball game was a huge hit. What a fantastic idea!
Happy day wishes to you~ Les
I can tell by the expressions on Eva's face and Jaden's stare that they both were awe struck. So glad that you took them! Maybe they will be future Irish team members.
Love G. Fisher
Dear Eva...What will probably happen is Our Girly Girl Tess will end up being the "Tom Boy" while Eva is a Fashion Diva Supermodel! How fun they both are!
Great post J. I forgot to ask you about the game, I'm so glad she loved it!!!
how sweet :) We are huge Irish fans in this house even though football has not been going well :)
Post a Comment