Monday, February 9, 2009

Jungle Jim's

I never imagined I would do a blog post on a grocery store....but the grocery store I visited this past weekend was unlike any grocery store I have ever seen. If you live or visit the Cincinnati area you must make a trek to Jungle Jim's. This is not only the largest grocery store I have ever seen in my life with the largest selection of merchandise, it is also a bit of an amusement park / tourist trap with all kinds of fun things to see and enjoy. Let's just put it this way...we spent over 2 hours there with the kiddies and we all had a great time. Enjoy a few pictures....

I wish I had more pictures of the entrance...it is amazing. This is just one small part of it. Eva and Jaden loved all of the pretend zoo animals that greet you!
When they say they offer fresh seafood....they aren't kidding. They had a huge selection of fish that you pluck right out of the water!

They even have little shows that are put on for the kiddies....this was Elvis!

I'm a girl that loves cheese (especially with a little wine)...again, I've never seen so much cheese and so many cool varieties in my life!
This is JUST the selection of honey! HONEY!! Seriously....I think my grocery store has maybe 3 different to choose from!

You name the country and they have a section devoted to foods native to that area. This Happy Housewife could have gone crazy in the "Italy" section!

The liquor section was nearly as large as my entire grocery store....wines from every section of the world. I also got a kick out the Cold Beer Cave!

They have an entire sushi section....with skilled sushi chefs creating beautiful sushi right in front of you!

I think it is fair to say that I was in awe of this grocery store....I had to laugh when I found myself pulling my camera out and taking pictures of it!! I knew I wanted to share it with all of you! Again, if you get to the area you need to check it out! We also spent some time at IKEA while we were there....don't even get me started on that one!! Ah-ma-zing!!!
Thanks Matt and Amanda for an amazing weekend in Cincinnatti...we love you and sincerely enjoyed our time visiting with you!
Quote of the Weekend:
While away Eva and I slept in the same bed. I love being close to my little girl....but she is a bit of a thrasher at night and I find myself awakened during the night being kicked, hit, and shoved by my darling little sleeping beauty. The next morning I asked Eva if she knew she kicked me all night. Without hesitation she replied,
"Yes....it was because I love you and I was trying to hug you with my feet!"
Funny how the next night every time she kicked me I smiled!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you had a great time on your get-a-way. We missed you on Saturday but am glad you had fun. Lilly enjoyed her calls from Aunt Jamie and Uncle Matt.
Love you guys
~~

Kim said...

That looks so amazing Jamie! I went to IKEA too, only in Bolingbrooko. LOVE that place!

Kim said...

Bolingbrook...

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this place! I've never seen so many organic foods- I could spend hours just in that area! The 3 hours we wondered around seemed to be gone in a wink.
xoxo

Jami said...

Wow, that does look fun. What a great idea!!

RosyRose said...

I think I would be so amazed by this store that if I lived near by I would take daily trips to it:(!!!!
Very Cool!
I totally get the being kicked~Sophie does that too. It really doesn't create an atmosphere of rest!!!:)

Tonya said...

Jungle Jim's is a very cool place. I used to live in Fairfield when I was younger and would visit it from time to time. I haven't been back in ages though. You don't appreciate a place like that until you don't have it anymore. Even in Chicago we don't have a place that compares!

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun. We've been to Cinnci many times..but have never been to Jungle Jim's. Next time we'll have to check it out.

BTW....Loved "meeting" you! Glad you said something when I saw you in Target. :)