
We have an Amish family that we are very good friends with. When I was still teaching the mom of this particular family would always make me something good to eat when I was stuck at school for Parent-Teacher conferences. One year she made me Taco Soup. I
had to have the recipe...it was
sooooo good. I was pleased to find out just how easy this soup is to make. It's one of the meals that I usually keep everything on hand for so I can make it in a pinch, if needed. As a mom I always enjoy knowing that even if we are in a hurry I can still put a nutritious meal on the table! I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does!
TACO SOUP
1 lb. ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
26 oz. chunky salsa
26 oz. water
Brown beef, drain, and put back in skillet. Add taco seasoning, salsa, and water. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and crushed Doritos.
Note: To make this recipe more healthy substitute ground sirloin for the ground beef and use low fat sour cream and baked Doritos.
8 comments:
Thank you for posting this Jamie! I love your taco soup!!
Sounds and looks yummy! This weather is great soup weather!
I'm so trying this Jaime! :) Looks yummy!
Yum! Thanks for the recipe! It's 6:00, and I'm still at school...I'm so happy for you that you don't have to do conferences anymore. Wish I could be in the same boat! :)
I am SO making this! And yesterday, when you asked if I was hungry, I forgot to say "YES for your taco soup!" :) Thanks for having us over!
Your "Blissfully Happy Housewife" ears must have been burning! That is what I made for dinner this evening! Grandma F
Yummo! Thank you for another great supper idea!
Hi Jaime! Yeah, my party is Monday night (17th) at 7pm...I didn't know if you did neighborhood girls night with Nicole or not but if you can come awesome, bring whoever too! :)
Post a Comment