Here it is in our office...
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Meaningful Artwork
We continue to decorate the walls of our home very slowly. If we don't love it...it's not worth a nail hole! That said, I loooooooooooove photography and could literally cover each and every wall of our home with pictures of our family and my little sunshines! We had family pictures taken this past summer and I did something I've always wanted to do. I had one of our favorite pictures blown up very large, matted, and framed. I love it. It is one of my favorite pieces of "art" I've ever owned...maybe because the people in it are so special people to me!
Here it is in our office...
And close up...
The other piece of "art" that I love is a set of two pictures Eva finger painted when we were expecting Jaden. I picked out finger paint colors that matched Jaden's nursery and let Eva just go to town. I then matted them and framed them. We often receive compliments on those paintings (they ended up looking pretty neat) and people were always FLOORED to find out Eva did it (she was 2 at the time). I love decorating, and over the years I've learned the best kind of artwork is the kind that means the most to you and your family!
Here it is in our office...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yes indeed, all four of those characters in that photo are VVIP's (VERY VERY Special People) to me! xoxo
What a great picture! I love these types of pictures and artwork too. I am not much into decorating but I can tell you if I have pictures of my boys in my house it makes me smile!
In their bathroom I have a picture of them playing in the sand and none are looking at the camera just playing. I think my favorite picture of them I have!
You are a beautiful family!
By the way thanks for the Working Mom comment greatly appreciated!
Love, Love, Love the family picture!!!! I also love to put out pictures of my kids all over my walls ect. I just got their pictures taken outside a couple weeks ago and can't wait to get them back! I did a similar thing with some finger paint when Ethan was little........I let him paint away then I matted and framed it. It is in their "kid" bathroom.
LOVE that picture! AND I notice the office is picked up! Want Logan to come destroy it again? HA!
What a beautiful picture! It looks like you are all having so much fun!
By the way we stayed at the Renaissance in Shaumberg
I'm glad Matt found this picture worthy of a nail hole. It is wonderful!!
The picture is gorgeous! We're getting ours taken this spring and I'm so excited. I'm starting to take steps to add little details to our home. My next project is the kids bathroom.
Love the pic J. And I totally know the feeling of being afraid to put holes in new walls.
I LOVE this family picture....just having fun together! Too cute!
Very beautiful picture Jamie...Where is that tall vase from that is on the console in the picture?
Hey Amanda...it's from Pier One. I got it last year about this time, so I'm not sure they will still have them.
Great hearing from you!
J
Post a Comment