Photography has become a bit of a passion for me. I've always loved it, but lately I've found that I enjoy it enough that I could probably make a hobby out of it. Last year I asked Matt for an upgraded camera for my birthday (nothing too fancy, but a step up from my point and shoot). I looked into photography lessons, but wasn't too impressed with what I found. I decided that the best way for me to learn was to learn from someone I respected as a photographer.
Through the years I have found that finding a good photographer can be a hard task. One that can capture your family (or child) as they are and not how they posed them. I lucked out when I found the photographer we use for our family pictures. His name is Justin and he and his wife have a photography studio near us (for further info please contact me). I knew we were in good hands when the first time he took pictures of my little ones he just let them be them. He gave them props, let them play, and got down on their level to take the pictures. What he captured were my little ones being themselves...something I will always cherish. In the time that we've used him as a photographer I've just become more and more impressed with his ability...so you can imagine how thrilled I was when he agreed to sit down with me and teach me some tricks of the trade.
After my lesson I learned that I have a LOT to learn about photography, but I am so grateful to Justin for sitting down with a beginner like me to teach me some of the ropes!! I've spent the last few days taking pictures of just about everything and anything in my house and outside...changing the settings...adjusting the light....changing the settings again...adjusting the light again. I'm absolutely loving it, but I can tell I've gone to far when my children nearly roll their eyes when I reach for the camera AGAIN!!! Ha! My hope is that as I continue to practice (and through more help from Justin) I can learn enough about photography that I can capture those every day moments with my family in a more skilled way.
Gotta love a new adventure!
8 comments:
Hi, I don't know you personally but I have enjoyed reading your blogs. You seem like a very sweet Mommy. I enjoy Photography too and have always struggled with finding a good place to get them devoloped then I found Mpix.com and I can not say enough about it I am very happy with them. You get great quality at a wonderful price. And they do about any thing you can think of. You might already have a place where you devolope your pictures just thought I would let you know about it any way. I also would love to know the name of your Photographer if you would not mind sharing=) I have one that I really like but she is in Michigian and it is kinda far I would love to find some one closer.
Can't wait to see some of your pics, Jump!
I also love photography! I love to take pictures of the boys and try to get that perfect picture. I am with you I think the unposed pictures are the best. I would like to get a new, updated camera with a bigger lens that I can zoom! Did he have any suggestions on the best camera for an amateur? It cannot be too complicated for me!
me too, bliss, me too!
I love to capture the moment!
Good luck with your new hobby. I have thought about trying this one as well. I think you will be very successful, you have a great eye for what makes a great photo.
I think you pics are already impressive, so I can't wait to see what is in store.
Sounds like a fun adventure. Have a good time capturing those moments.
Over 400 pictures of Australia may be considered more than just a hobbie - maybe a little "extreme" J! Love You!
Post a Comment