We were joined by a bit of a celebrity on our flight from LA to Chicago last week. Yes, Rachel Hunter - the supermodel herself - was on our flight. I have never been a huge Rachel Hunter fan, quite honestly I've never given her much thought. After this flight I was a bit transformed.
Let me explain why.
I just assumed a supermodel would be a bit of a diva.
I know...it's judgemental and I shouldn't be that way - but seriously, the woman has been on the cover of countless magazines, she works runway shows, and she was married to Rod Stewart! Well, this particular supermodel was anything but a diva during my experience with her. Let me give you a few reasons:
1. She sat and waited for her plane with the rest of us. No special treatment. And it didn't seem to bother her that, while I was trying to be coy, I seriously couldn't stop starring at her.
2. She sat in COACH with the rest of us. Again, I would have thought a supermodel would definitely be flying first class...but not this girl. She boarded the plane with the rest of us and seemed happy to find her seat in coach.
3. She was extremely nice. Although I could not quit starring at her, I never mustered up the courage to actually talk to her. My husband on the other hand had no problem in that department!! As she was boarding the plane she accidentally dropped her sweater and my husband literally jumped out of his seat to come to her rescue. What a knight in shining armor he is! Matt said, "Excuse me miss...you dropped this". Rachel stopped and laughed. She thanked him and made some joke about how she is always dragging things. My starstruck husband just smiled at her and when she walked away looked at me with golfball size eyes and muttered, "I touched her arm" .
4. She waited for her luggage with the rest of us. Seriously, don't supermodels have assistants that do these mundane chores for them? This housewife would have thought so! Nope. Not her. She sat with the rest of us schmucks and waited for her luggage too.
5. After leaving the airport she got on public transportation! OK, I swear I was not stalking her but our comings and goings seemed to be very similar so we were frequently around each other. When we walked out of the airport together I was looking for some big long stretch limo to pick her up. Nope. She boarded a bus! I loved it!
I should tell you all that it looked like she was traveling with her son and his hockey team...but I am fully aware that she still could have played the diva card and requested special treatment. I absolutely love that she didn't.
I'm now officially a Rachel Hunter fan.
5 comments:
After hearing that... me too!!!
I love the story about Matt. Listening to that made me laugh out loud. Great job Matt helping the lady out!!
What a gentleman my brother is!!
Hey me too! I wish she were running for president!:)
(what does she look like???)
Thank you so much for your words of comfort! It is so nice to know I'm not alone! Some days I could just cry my eyes out!
And if you are driving by, my goodness, please feel free to stop in! I always appreciate company during the day right now....And if I'm mowing better yet!;)
She was actually pretty "normal" looking Rose...she didn't have any make-up on and her hair was just very simple. Again, I was impressed.
Post a Comment