Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Shopping We Will Go!!!

My friend, Angel, and I took a little adventure to a nearby outlet mall with all four children in tow recently. I call it an "adventure" because not only were we towing along all four children, we were also dealing with some pretty nasty weather! We postponed our trip by one day because the weather was not cooperating (the outlet mall is more like a strip mall - all outside). We were both a bit bummed about postponing it (we were really looking forward to it). I came up with a little song about it to the tune of Jingle Bells and e-mailed it to her...little did I know what I started! Angel and I spent the rest of the afternoon just e-mailing verses of the song to each other as we would think of them...and cracking each other up the whole time! Enjoy our song...and a few pictures of the trip!

(To the tune of Jingle Bells)

Verse 1:
Shopping we will go,
Will it be OK?
Were it not for snow,
We would've gone today!

Through the gale force winds,
or' the icy streets
We will be there rain or shine,
We'll even shop in sleet!!

Chorus:
Shopping Bags!
Shopping Bags!
Toys in every store.
It may snow and it may blow, but a shopping we will go! oh!

Shopping Bags!
Shopping Bags!
The time is almost here!
The kids are packed, the snacks are sacked, our day is right on track!

Verse 2:
Look out for that drift,
I'm stuck here in my car.
Supposed to be shopping,
Can't make it very far!

We've got a ways to go,
This rate it'll take all day.
Cause the drift the car is stuck in,
is at the end of my driveway!

(Chorus)

Verse 3:
It may take all day,
The snow keeps coming down.
But my will to shop won't let me stop,
I'll drive RIGHT through that mound!

The guys are getting mad,
The checkbook's getting low
"Oh, but honey, ONE more sale!"
A shopping we will go!

(Chorus)

Verse 4:
I know that cash is low,
We've always made ends meet.
I know that if I buy this shirt
We won't be on the street!

I really love these boots,
This leather bags a must!
Let's tell the guys to deal with it,
It's SHOP TO DROP or BUST!!

(Chorus)

Verse 5 (sing it slowly)
The kids have had enough,
They're even cranky too...
Maybe with just ONE more snack,
They'll let us shop till 2!!!!

Thanks Angel for a fun day of shopping, and a LOT of laughs coming up with our little song!!!


5 comments:

Kim said...

You girls are either nuts, brave, or needing some girl time! Looks like fun!

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

I can't decided if I'm really impressed with your song or thinking It's time to get you girls out more often, he he he!!
Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

Kelly & I are rolling! thats the funniest thing we have ever read/sang? i think you have a future in the holiday music business!

Stacey said...

Good job girls! I am impressed! Isn't it amazing what we will do to get out! HA! love and miss you!

The Miller's said...

Looks like a lot of fun! You two are very brave for taking FOUR children with you on your shopping trip! I'm sure it was so much fun though!