Friday, November 14, 2008

My New Favorite Lunch...

I've been making an effort to eat a more balanced lunch. I had found that while I worked hard to make my children nutritious lunches, I was just munching on thier leftovers or having some tortilla chips and salsa and that was it. Not the best meal plan. I made this the other day and I love it because it's super quick to make and tastes awesome! Just thought I would share...

Just take half of a pita (I toasted mine) and put seasoned turkey breast, mixed greens (healthier than lettuce), and feta cheese in it. I then put a little light honey mustard dressing on top. Nothing too difficult, but it sure is Ymmmmmmm.....good.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Sound yummy.

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I just wanted to let you know that I made your Taco Soup last night and it was a hit! I love finding recipes that are easy and delicious! Glad you are home from your trip and it sounds like you and Matt had a terrific time. Hope to see you soon!
Cori

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

So glad your family liked it Cori! It's one of our favorites!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, Jump! I'll try it!xoxo

Jami said...

Jamie, from my blog check out Angel's July 28th posting about the safari cake. I was reminded of it when you told me about the party you will plan for Eva.

Your lunch looks great; I will have to try it.

ångel said...

Hi, Jamie. Her cake was amazing, wasn't it?

I know she used fondant for the animals. She told me that she covered foam balls for the heads and bodies, and then I think she molded the arms and the rest free-form. The cake supports went through the bottom three animals. The animal you can't see was a monkey.

I believe the cake frosting was a buttercream.

If you want more details, as in what tips she used for the grass and pearl edging, I can ask her.