Sunday, May 25, 2008

Window Wash

I washed windows this weekend. It is something that I really don't mind doing, but I always go into it knowing I'm going to be dealing with some streaking and re-washing. Not this year!! I found a recipe for window wash in an amish cookbook and worked fantastic!! NO streaking! Of course I couldn't wait to share this recipe with all of you!

Window Wash:
2 quarts water
1 teaspoon corn starch (the recipe said this cuts down on water spots)
a little Joy dish soap

That is it! I just made the mixture and used one rag to wipe down the windows inside and out, and a soft cotton cloth to dry them! Happy cleaning everyone!

"I am thankful for the lawn that needs mowing and the windows that need washing because it means I have a home...I am thankful for the piles of laundry because it means my loved ones are nearby"
--Nancie J. Carmody

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks Jamie! I can't wait to try this!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope this works!  My windows always look so dirty with kid prints and a dog that likes to put her nose on my windows.