Thursday, May 15, 2008

Favorite Indulgent Activity


Well, my friends, after the results of the poll are in it looks as if many of you are spending your few precious hours of indulgence reading or watching the tube (54%). A few of you are sleeping (18%) and taking a bubble bath (18%), and one of you enjoys a little drink or two during your "me" time! Cheers!

As much as I love being a "happy housewife" and cherish every moment I spend with my husband and children, we all need alone time. It helps rejuvenate us and refresh our minds and souls. I have often found people say, "I just don't have time for it" but I've found that it's important to MAKE time for it. Even when Matt is on the road, I try to steal a few minutes while the children are napping, or after I have tucked them into bed at night. Yes, I often have piles of laundry to fold, bills to pay, and a kitchen that still needs a little picking up from dinner...but somewhere among all of it I carve a little time out for me. I personally enjoy updating my blog or curling up on the sofa or bed to read. I would love to tell you I read educational literature or deep intellectual novels, but the truth is that my favorite thing to read for myself is the latest gossip magazine or family magazine I picked up at the grocery store!! I also love driving alone- I find it relaxing to be on the road on a sunny day with the sunroof open and a good song on the radio. My mind becomes free and clear.

So all of you "happy housewives -and house husbands" out there...I challenge you to take even 5 minutes out of your day today to do one of your favorite indulgent activities. Whether it is reading, a bubble bath, or a bit of the bubbly...you will thank yourself later!
"Never be afraid to sit alone and think."
--Lorriane Hansberry

No comments: