Saturday, January 28, 2012

We Inturrupt This Pregnancy for....Placenta Previa.

Ahhhh....the joys of pregnancy.  Each one is different...each unique...each with its own joys and challenges. 

The challenge thrown at me with this one happens to be in the form of placenta previa.  For those of you that are unsure what this is, it means that the placenta is resting right on top of my cervix, not to the side as it should be.  This condition poses absolutely no threat to the baby, but can be serious for me during my pregnancy.

It's kinda crazy to me how many people I've come into contact with that have had this condition.  My doc assured me that even though it is serious, it is not at all uncommon and specific procedures are in place to handle it.

As of now Doc's orders are that I'm NOT on "house arrest" (love her wording).  At this point I can still go about my normal day, I simply need to find time to take it easy and rest too.  I love my doctor, and I take her words seriously.....so these days I'm mixing taking the kiddos to school and sports events with kicking my feet up with a cup of tea on the couch. 

I was a little worried how the kiddos would handle it, as I'm not one to sit around during the day, but they've handled it beautifully....and when they are playing nicely in another room I've actually been able to totally catch up on watching the Kardashians.  Score one for Mommy!

As with each pregnancy - joys and challenges - but the end result is worth it.

"If nature had arranged the husbands and wives should have children alternatively, there would never be more than 3 in a family."
--Lawrence Housman

No comments: