Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Favorite Things - Maternity Edition

Since my tummy is getting rounder by the day I thought I would share some of my favorite items I use when I'm preggo!  Here we go....

I love pretty much any Burt's Bees product (they are all natural).  I found this body oil while pregnant with this little munchkin and I looooove it.  It smells like oranges and absorbs quickly.  I rub it on my growing belly nearly every day.  Eva even loves to use it and I honestly think I'll continue using it even when I am not pregnant!


The white shirt she is holding onto is called a Be Band.  Basically it's half of a T-shirt (or tank).  It starts just under your bust and covers the bottom part of your pants.  I love it because it just looks like a fitted tank under my clothes and allows me to wear shirts that are a little shorter without flashing the whole world my tummy....or rear for that matter.  On top of that it smooths everything out!


Tunics have been my very best friend this pregnancy.  I loooooove that they are longer, cover my tummy, and they are NOT maternity (in case you didn't know, I'm not a fan of most maternity clothes)!


Mmmm....cardigans.  Warm, cozy, cute....and not maternity.  Enough said.

Last, but not least....I've decided one of my favorite maternity essentials is....
Yep...a good seamstress.  My sis introduced me to a little gem recently and I loooove her.  I can take in a piece of maternity clothing (for those of you that don't know, a lot of maternity clothing can look boxy and frumpy) and this awesome lady can make it fit me like a glove.  Looove it.  She also sews my maternity clothing so that we can let things out and re-sew it as my belly grows.  It makes my clothing last my entire pregnancy, instead of at different intervals. 

Wanna know what's even better about her?  I purchased this dress...


and I fell in love with it.  My seamstress is not only is she making it fit me perfectly now....she is also going to make it fit me after I'm pregnant!  Yep,  you read that right!  I love this dress so much she is going to make it non-maternity after I no longer need it.

Worth her weight in gold.

Soooo.....if you are preggers, I would suggest you check out these few things!  I think you'll be a happy camper!


No comments: