Except last night.
I'm not sure what happened, but I simply couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned until nearly 2:30 in the morning. Ugh.
My kiddos were up bright and early as usual. I told them that they were welcome to play quietly, but that Mommy was going to stay in bed for just a little bit because she didn't sleep well that night.
I could hear them whispering and talking outside of my room....and then about 15 minutes later they came in and said they had a surprise for me. They asked me to close my eyes and hold their hands. They led me into the kitchen and when they told me I could open my eyes, this is what I saw....
Yep, my little munchkins knew I had a rough night and made me breakfast. They had my favorite cereal for me, as well as hot apple cider, and a beautiful picture. (We have a Keurig...they just push a button to make the cider...don't worry, no stovetop needed). My heart simply melted.
I loved the thought they put into it....I loved the way they wanted to surprise me...I loved their whispering so I wouldn't "wake up"....I love that morning hair and roller blades on my little girl...and that giddy smile on my little guy....I simply loooove them.
"Being considerate of others will take your children farther in life than any college degree."
--Marian Wright Edelman
1 comment:
So sweet..love Eva'a hair.
Post a Comment