For years the kiddos and I have made snowflakes to decorate our windows with during the winter season. I love seeing how as time goes on they remember these things. I usually wait to make the snowflakes until we get a BIG snow....and we haven't got a lot of snow this year so the snowflakes had not been made. About a week ago Eva pointed out that we hadn't made snowflakes yet. So even though it was a BEAUTIFUL day outside (super warm in our neck of the woods - 40 degrees!!!!) Eva, Jaden, and I sat down to create our beautiful paper flakes to adorn the windows.
This was the first year that BOTH of them could do pretty much everything on their own, except fold the paper. We decorated the kitchen windows, both of their bedroom windows, and the sidelight windows on the sides of our front door. If I would have left it up to them I think every window in our house would have been covered!!
I love putting up the shades in the morning and seeing their beautiful creations....makes my heart smile!
"Winter is a time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand, and for a talk beside the fire. It is the time for home."
--Edith Sitwell




2 comments:
Tell Eva and Jaden that Grandma F. loves the snowflakes. They are much prettier than the ones flying around outside my windows.
New follower. Love the snowflakes... and the quote at the bottom!
Post a Comment