Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Prepare your tastebuds....


Anyone that knows me knows that I'm a little completely obsessed with Mexican food.  I crave it on a daily basis....aaaaaaand...I eat it on a daily basis.   Why deny myself something so good?!  Not too many days go by that I don't get my fix of tortilla chips, salsa, and black beans.

I was recently given a recipe by a friend that rocks (I'll be posting it later)...but for now I thought I would post just this sweet little part of the recipe...tomatillo salsa.  Now, before you turn your nose up and say, "aren't those green tomatoes??!"  You HAVE to give this baby a chance because it is knock-your-socks-off good and I personally think it's about time that green salsa has it's little place in the world of Mexican food...red salsa has been hogging the spotlight for too long don't ya think?! 

Tomatillo Salsa
6 tomatillos, husks removed
1/2 to 1 jalapeno, remove seeds (I like more that one!)
1/4 c. onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

Place tomatillos in a medium sauce pan and cover with water.  Bring to a boil.  Simmer for 5 minutes.


While simmering, prepare other ingredients.


Remove from water and place in blender with remaining ingredients.  Process until smooth.


Cool and enjoy!


"Cooking is like love...it should be entered into with reckless abandon".
--Harriet VanHorne, modified

2 comments:

Flor said...

WoW!! You make it look so easy and to be honest I didnt realize it was that easy to make tomatillo salsa. My mom has made it before and it just seemed like so much work! Thank you for this new salsa recipe!

Anonymous said...

heeheehee :)
(hug)
angel