Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I will remember this moment....with you.

Eva and I attended her very first concert this past weekend....Taylor Swift.  I honestly can't put into words how amazing this experience was for both of us.  There were soooo many times during the course of the night I just wanted time to stand still...I wanted to just let the moment sink in and forever remember it. 

Instead of giving you a rundown of the evening...I thought I would share each of the unforgettable moments I never will forget with my little girl...

I will never forget the look on your face when Daddy surprised us with the tickets.  Your smile was contagious.  I loved how you had to tell someone about it....and the closest people you could reach were the neighborhood kids out riding bikes.  I loved how you ran out into the road and announced to the neighborhood that you get to see Taylor Swift! 

I loved getting ready with you...just us girls.  I loved how you really didn't care about your outfit as much as you did the little details...like writing a "13" on your hand just like Taylor...and using stickers to write "Taylor" down your arm....and how we both had "TS" stickers by our eyes.


I loved your sign.


I loved how you wanted to make a bee line straight to the souvenirs as soon as we arrived at the arena.  You knew exactly what you wanted...a Taylor Swift glow stick and a Taylor Swift T-shirt.  Later on I loved watching how you quickly caught on to the idea of swaying that glow stick back and forth on the slow songs.

I giggled at how Daddy spoiled us rotten with our amazing seats...you could see everything up close and personal. 

I was surprised to run into our neighbors as we waited for the concert to start...and I giggled at your pure excitement in sharing this special event with a friend...even if it was only for a few minutes.


I will never forget your expression when Taylor Swift first appeared.  We were both jumping and screaming!!  I had tears in my eyes watching you.  I loved how you asked me just HOW she was able to come out of the FLOOR?!!!


I savored every single moment of you standing on your chair with your arms tightly wrapped around me....how we swayed back and forth and sang along to all of our favorite songs. 

I loved that our picture was on the JumboTron screen...twice.

I giggled at how both of us would jump and down with excitement when Taylor would play one of our favorite songs....and how often you would rock out singing along with her.


I laughed that between your camera, my camera, and the camcorder on my phone we were both always stumbling for something to record moments with...it was as if we BOTH never wanted to forget it.

I'll never forget how about half way through the concert you got sleepy and you crawled up in my lap.  I could have sat there snuggled up forever with you.

I loved how you quickly got a second burst of energy when you heard just the first few chords of "She Belongs with Me"....I also loved how I quickly started videotaping it and you were "directing" my videotaping to make sure I got absolutely everything that was important to you during the song. 


I loved that you commented that Taylor Swift wears "earplugs" just like you do!!!  (Hers, of course, are for sound...yours are for swimming...but you don't need to know those details).

I'll never forget the last song..."Love Story"....how Taylor Swift rose up over the crowd and was right over us.  I'll forever remember how you and I were both screaming, laughing, and jumping up and down!!


I got such a kick out how at the end of concert it was important to you that we gathered some of the confetti that had dropped....and how we waited patiently for people to leave so we could scurry around on the ground picking up it up.  You were sooo excited about it.

I loved walking back to the hotel together and snuggling up in bed looking at our pictures and videos...as if we knew we had just witnessed something that we would forever remember.

The whole experience was absolutely amazing.....because of Taylor Swift...but more importantly because of you....


"I said remember this moment in the back of our minds.  The time we stood with our shaking hands and the crowd went wild.  We were the kings and the queens and they read off our names...the night you danced like you knew our lives would never be the same.  You held your head like a hero on a history book page.  It was the end of a decade...but the start of an age."
--Taylor Swift, Long Live

5 comments:

Matt said...

Thanks for sharing Jamie. I just love the unbridled smile on Eva's face in each picture. What an awesome memory this will be for the both of you.

Erin @ Living In Yellow said...

I loved reading this..although it gave me tears while I am sitting here at work, haha. You two are precious..she is so lucky to have a momma like you :)

Love!

Anonymous said...

So precious Jamie! What a sweet, sweet memory this will be for the both of you! I am looking forward to times like these with Brooks and Maya. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda (can't remember my google info to sign in!)

Jolene said...

Thanks for the post on Joy with Erin! Love it and Love Taylor! My little Claire who is 2 sings ...
"Some day I'll be living in a big 'ol city..." Makes my want to break down because I am sure some day she will be living in a big 'ol city! So I am embracing every moment with her now!! :)

Unknown said...

WOW!! What a night! Loved the pictures....I'm sure you will both always remember that night. SO COOL! I would love to do that with my daughters some time.