School is starting soon for our Eva....and this year is going to be quite different. We've spent the last 2 years at a Christian school, and this year she will be attending a public school for the first time. This was our original plan, but we never expected to love her Christian school as much as we did.
Matt and I both have really mixed emotions about this....really reallly mixed emotions. We loved her Christian school and loved seeing how much our little girl grew in her faith...and grow she did!!! On the flip side the Christain school does not offer Eva some of the opportunities that a public school system would. I could write a book on the crazy amount of conversations Matt and I have had on this topic...and how we have discussed every single angle of it. But to sum it up, after a lot of talk and prayer we decided to stick with our original plan and try out the public school system.
Some of you may be wondering how Eva feels about all this. She is sad about leaving some of her old friends, but also excited that she'll be going to the same school as her neighborhood friends.
I wish it were that simple for me. My hesitations run deeper than that.....but I also have to trust that this little girl of ours is going to thrive wherever she is...and that wherever she is God is still is leading her heart.
Today when we were gathering all of Eva's school supplies to pack in her backpack I noticed something that kinda took my breath away...I noticed that Eva had set her Bible with her school supplies.
This is the first time in her life her Bible wasn't a required school supply.
I sat there looking at her bible and running my hand over it. I set it aside....and then thought twice.
I picked it back up and tucked it into her school supplies.
And now...we take a leap of faith.
4 comments:
I will be praying for this transition:) She will do great!!
Good for Eva! She may very well be the only "Bible" some kids will ever to exposed to. I truly believe she will be a witness for the Lord!!
Love you girl!
Aunt Kathy
Your post almost made me cry :( I can only imagine the struggle you are having..what an opportunity for others to see Christ shine through her! Good luck :)
Awwww....sweet Eva....Yes! Take that Bible to school. I love your heart shinning through in this post.
Post a Comment