Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Letting the kite string out a little further....

A loooong time ago I gave my mom and poem/quote/verse thingy that talked about how raising children is a bit like flying a kite.  You run and run trying to get them off the ground....they get off the ground and you cheer with them...occasionally they crash and you rush over helping them back up, assuring them that they will fly alone one day.  Every time your child reaches a milestone you let the kite string out just a little further.

Today I let the kite string out for my little girl in a big way.

Today was the first day of 1st Grade...



Eva was super excited!  Excited to be starting a new school....excited to eat her lunch at school...excited to be a 1st grader.

Seeing her so excited made me excited too....and a little less sad about watching the string to Eva's kite get a little longer. 

"When you are raising children there are memories you store directly in your tear ducts."
--Robert Brault



4 comments:

Matt said...

I know I say this a lot - but I so remember walking down to your hospital room from the delivery room with our new baby. Now look at her! Everytime I see a milestone like this - I think of that walk.

Anonymous said...

Our babies are growing SO fast! I want to bottle all the time they spend together playing up and keep those times forever.... Love you Eva girl!


Aunt Kathy

Jamie W said...

Oh she is so pretty! Found you through Hollie Rogue! :)

andi {the hollie rogue} said...

Jamie, she looks so grown up and I know I'm going to be thinking similar thoughts when Hollis is that age--really won't be that long :(. She's a beauty and you captured that in these pictures. thanks for linking up this week!

Andi