Tuesday, August 23, 2011

DIY Halloween Wreath


Fall is around the corner.....there I said it. 

It doesn't mean that I have to really dive into it though, rather I seem to be just dipping my toes into the thought of it.  I am a summer girl through and through, but there are a few things I do enjoy about the cooler months....and one of those things is that for some reason it brings out a creative side of me.  When the weather gets cooler I get this nesting instinct where I like to make goodies in the kitchen...and for my home.

Yesterday I decided to tackle my first little project of the season....a Halloween wreath.  Anyone that knows me knows that, aside from Christmas, Halloween is one of my very favorite holidays.  This year I can add a Halloween wreath to my Halloween decor! 
I started with a wire wreath form...

I then cut grosgrain ribbon in various lengths and simply tied knots around the entire form.  You honestly can't mess it up...it's super simple.  I used about 45 yards of ribbon and honestly may add a little more to it.  (Ya, that's a lot of ribbon, but just look for sales).


The whole project took me a few hours and cost about $25.  The nice thing about this wreath is that you can custom make it to match anything you wanted!  I even thought about making Eva's teacher one for Christmas in colors that match her classroom theme.  I thought it would be cute on her classroom door. 

Have fun crafting friends!

"There are no rules...just follow your heart."
--Robin Williams

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Cute! Did you heat seal, or use fabric fray on the ends so it won't fray?

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

I didn't do either of those Danielle!! I just notched the ends. I found some examples online and that was alll they did too. If I was hanging it outside I would probably put fabric fray on them.

Kimberly said...

I want to make one for every season!

Erin @ Living In Yellow said...

Such a cute idea...Love it. I am going to have to make on asap! We need to organize a craft night with girls from the area. I am thinking crafts and martinis :)
What could go wrong?