Saturday, August 27, 2011

A healthy Way to Eat Bad-For-You-Food!!!



I made "fried" chicken this week....kinda.

Actually, I got the recipe when Matt and I first got married and it's kinda my go-to recipe when I want something bad, but need to be good.   I'm not sure the exact name, but I call it Fake Fried Chicken. 

I know....real original.

Anyway,  you could easily make this with real bone-in pieces of chicken but I tend to cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts and make strips out of them.  Then you simply dip each piece (or strip in my case) in lowfat butter milk and then roll it in a mixture of crushed corn flakes and creole seasoning! 

That's it!

There is no ratio for the cornflakes and seasoning....just eyeball what looks good to you.  Put the pieces on a cookie sheet and bake them in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes.  Again, that's for strips...pieces of chicken would take longer. 

Many of you know I love to spice it up...so one of my favorite ways to eat these is by making buffalo wraps with them!!!


Just take a tortilla and put in two chicken strips, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.  Then drizzle a combination of ranch and Frank's Red Hot sauce on it.  YUMMY!!!!

Happy Cooking!!

"A recipe has no soul.  You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe."
--Thomas Keller

No comments: