Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A few of my favorites....

I recently got a new iPhone and oh-my-word do I loooooove it.

Just ask my husband.

Actually, maybe don't bring the phone up to him...I think he's starting to think I love the phone more than him.  Awwww...poor guy. 

(Don't feel sorry for him for too long though...I lovingly refer to his Blackberry as his "crack-berry" since he's quite attached to it too). 

Anyway, I'm a little obsessed with every aspect of how wonderful my new phone is and I'm wondering why on earth it took me this long to get with the program and get one.  One of my favorite features (aside from the camera of course) is finding fun apps that make life so much easier.  So today I thought I would share a few of my favs with you....

I am a note-taking girl and Evernote allows me to indulge my obsession.  Now, just a heads up, if you have a Droid my favorite note-taking app is called "color note", but for my iPhone I like this one!  This app allows you to have various lists and notes.  You can even email them to yourself if you wish.  I am currently using this for Christmas lists.  I have a separate list for everyone I purchase gifts for, as well as Eva and Jaden's "wish lists" on it. 

This is a pretty common app...but I love it.  I keep a list of favorites (places we visit often, as well as past and future vacation destinations) and I can check what the weather is across the world in a moments notice.  On top of that I love that I can quickly get a 10 day forecast.


Eva is learning to read and I've recently realized the plethora of learning apps out there.  This is our current favorite.  It gives Eva sight words that we have her say outloud...then she can push an icon and the word is said outloud (so she can check herself).  It allows her to flag the words she gets incorrect and try them again later.  (Side Note:  we allow our kiddies to hold our cell phones, but never put them up to their heads...if you do the research you'll find that your child's brainwaves actually change for a period of time after using a cell phone).

We ALL know how pricey it is to use directory assistance...did you know you can get those phone numbers and addresses for free?!  (well, minus the cost of the app).  I looove yellow pages.  It looks up phone numbers AND addresses for you (which is great if you are using GPS).  It also allows you to keep your favorites which is nice for those numbers you use often (like pizza delivery).

Last, but not least, do NOT download Angry Birds.  Why you may ask?  Let me tell you from experience...it's completely addicting.  I actually made fun of my mom last winter because we out in public and I turned around to find her playing Angry Birds on her phone.  REALLY MOM?!  Do I need to take your phone away from you?!!  It was pretty funny.  However...fast forward a few months and I TOTALLY get it.  It is CRAZY addicting.  You find yourself saying stupid things like, "I'll quit playing after I pass this level!!" and "one more dead pig and I'm done". 

ya, whatever.

So, these are my favorite apps at this time.....curious to know what your are?!!!

No comments: