Sunday, June 5, 2011

This week my heart is heavy...

This has been a week which has left my heart heavy....a week in which I have been overwhelmed with devastating news from people in my life that are dealing with some hard situations.

On this bright and beautiful Sunday morning I am headed to church and this time my prayers will be a little more urgent.  Normally I don't share things like this on my blog, but today I am. 

Today I feel like I need to.

Please take time today to pray for the following family members and friends of mine who have had absolutely devastating news the past week...

*  My step-mother, Kay, unexpectedly lost her father this week....please pray for her and her family as they deal with this loss.

*  Long time friends of mine received devastating news this week...their 5 year old son, Issac, has a brain tumor.  He is currently at Riley's Children's Hospital awaiting surgery.  This whole situation has really tugged at my heartstrings because it has to do with a child....an amazing little boy.  I have a hard time when children suffer.  Please pray that God heals this beautiful little boy...

Isaac when I photographed him last summer

 
*  A dear friend of mine, Jeannie, lost her husband very unexpectedly this week.  Please pray for comfort for their family as they deal with this sudden loss. 

To be completely honest, this all has been a lot for me this week.  As I said before, my heart is heavy....but I know that God heals...our hearts, our pain....and in Isaac's case I know he can heal his body too.  So I'm asking you my dear blog readers, please take a few moments out of your day today to pray for these people.  Thank you.

"I believe in prayer.  It's the best way we have to draw strength from Heaven."
--Josephine Baker

4 comments:

The Johnsons said...

great post jaim!

Erin @ Living In Yellow said...

I so needed to read this! This morning I was down about the pettiest things {my cookies turning out flat-hitting my head on a door-finding ants on our floor, etc}. This put everything into perspective for me. I will be praying for all of those mentioned. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How terrible. I will join you in praying for these urgent requests. Thank you for sharing.

Kat said...

we continue to lift Kay and your friends up in prayer. God is SO good!!