Sometimes I have to laugh at God's timing on things. I had been working on that bucket list for WEEKS....and I finally posted it on Monday. One of the items on my bucket list was to donate blood.
And get this....
As I'm driving down the street of a local little town on Monday afternoon what do I see?
A BLOOD DRIVE!
I just chuckled to myself and said, "Well, there's no time like the present!!!"
So on a whim and a prayer I took my two kiddos with me and walked up to the door of the building. I explained to the woman standing there that I had NEVER given blood before, I pass out pretty easily, and I had traveled outside of the United States in the last twelve months.
Does it kind of sound like I was giving myself an excuse to scoot on out there without my arm getting pricked?
Ya, subconsciously I probably was. HA!
Regardless, after taking all of my medical information and checking on the countries I had visited I was cleared to give blood! I sat in a chair and had them hook my arm all up. Eva and Jaden sat with me and watched the bag fill with blood. I wasn't sure how they would handle the whole situation but we really talked about how that blood will help other people...and they handled it beautifully.
Just a heads up....that's not my arm. I promise I'm not that hairy! Ha!
In the end the amount of blood I donated will help save the lives of THREE people, and the platelets from my blood will help cancer patients. After what Isaac is facing, that alone made it worth it to me!
I left with a smile on my face, a "I donated blood!" sticker, and two munchkins that seemed pretty pumped about what their Mama had just done (I had to laugh at their re-telling of the whole story to their friends later).
You can bet this won't be the last time I do this....and I encourage you to do it too!
Also, just a heads up...Isaac's cousins have come up with a SUPER cool way to help lift Isaac's spirits and we are gonna need YOUR help to make it happen!! Stay tuned!! It's AWESOME!
"I MUST DO SOMETHING" always solves more problems than saying, "Something must be done".
Make a difference.
--Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment