Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Bit of Random...

Hello Friends!  I feel like I have sooo many things I need to blog about....but I'm feelin' a random blog post is in order tonight.  Stay tuned for deeper (and more interesting?) things comin' later.  For now, here's some randomness for your weekend....

1.  Eva is at Springhill Day Camp this week.  Let me tell you...COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!  Sooo cool that I swear I get teary eyed every single morning when I drop her off!  The first day we pulled into the church parking lot  there were a ton of signs up welcoming the campers, crazy contraptions/water equipment all over, and all these people cheering for us as we drove through the parking lot!!!  I most definitely went into crazy mom mode and started honking my horn and bouncing around in the car...my poor daughter and her adorable friend were probably hiding under their seats.  Regardless, it is AH-MA-ZING.  More on this to come later.

2.  Speaking of amazing...my sister completed her first triathlon this past weekend.  Seriously, I am soooo incredibly proud of her and the hard work she has put into this goal.  I'm also not ashamed to say that one of my favorite parts of the whole triathlon (aside from the fact she won her age group!) was the fact that while allllll the other triathlon participants were wearing horribly-ugly-sport-looking sunglasses...MY sista was rockin' Gucci's....love her.


3.  It took years of sacrifice and hard work....but I think I finally found the perfect pina colada recipe.  Enough said.

4.  Jaden and I made homemade strawberry shortcake today.  I'm sharing that simply because I want to post this picture of my cutie patootie sifting flour....


5.  I was in a commercial today!  Yep, my friend Amanda and I have about a 0.002 second part in a commercial for a friend's boutique!!! Since this is our acting debut we are most definitely thinking we need to have a screening party...red carpet, cocktails, a VIP list...  

 I must go now...gotta go practice signing my autograph....XOXO!
 

5 comments:

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Thanks for the shout out J. Me in designer sunglasses... that how I roll!!

JPL said...

Ummmm...sharing pina colada recipe....please!! :) My fave relaxing cocktail!! :)

-Aimee

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your sister! Wow, that is quite an accomplishment and she is totally rocking those glasses. Also, congrats on your commercial. Very cool!

The Sophisticated Country Girl said...

....must share the pina colada recipie.... AND, I'm off to practice my autograph- I just know we are going to have to sign it millions and millions of times!!! xoxo

Erin @ Living In Yellow said...

I also would love the pina colada recipe! Congrats as well on your commercial...you are officially famous =)