Sunday, June 26, 2011

Do you accept this mission??

So I mentioned in my last post that Isaac's family is doing something that I find SUPER cool....like so cool that when I read about it I could not text his mom fast enough to tell her just how amazing I thought the idea was.  Maybe it's the teacher in me (I had my students read a book about this)....maybe it's because I vividly remember a book about this from when I was a child...whatever the reason I LOVE it.

But it's gonna take YOUR help to do it.  Here it is...

Ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who has 1000 paper cranes will be granted a wish, such as long life or a recovery from an illness or injury.  In Japan the crane is one of the most mystical creatures and is said to live for thousands of years. Hanging the cranes in ones home is considered powerfully lucky.


Isaac's cousins are working together to get 1000 paper cranes for Isaac.  They are hoping to get them from allll over the United States...and even the world.

This is where I need your help.

We need to work together to help Isaac get 1000 paper cranes.  I know that for some of you this is stepping waaaaaay out of your comfort zone (I know there are many of you out there that read this blog and have never commented or emailed or whatever - I'm cool with that - but right now I'm asking for you to step out of your comfort zone and join us on this endeavor).  We need to reach out to a little boy that has the battle of his life in front of him and do something that will hopefully bring a smile to his face.  Isaac needs 1000 paper cranes.

They are simple to make and directions can be found HERE.  The family is asking that only ONE crane be made per person and that they include their name, city, state, and country on the crane.

Please email me and I will pass on the address where you can mail your cranes.  My email is theblissfullyhappyhousewife@gmail.com

THANK YOU!!!!
(This is gonna be AWESOME...I know it)!!

"We can do no great things...only small things with great love."
--Mother Theresa

No comments: