You may have read in my last post about Isaac. He is the five year old son of some friends of ours that was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. The surgery to remove the tumor was today...and it was malignant.
Isaac has cancer.
I can't even wrap my mind around this. My heart is literally breaking for them and the tears have been flowing. Have you ever had one of those moments that the air seems like it's sucked out of your chest? Hearing that Isaac has cancer was one of those moments for me.
My heart hurts...for him and for his family.
I was able to chat with Isaac's dad tonight and he said he is shocked by how many people are keeping Isaac in their thoughts and prayers, but the more people pulling for his little boy the better.
So tonight I am sitting here on my computer on a mission to get the word about Isaac out. I'm using my blog as my outlet and I'm asking you a favor.
Here is what I need from you dear blog readers...
1. First a foremost, keep Isaac in your thoughts and prayers. This is what he needs the most right now. Also keep his mom, dad, and two brothers in your prayers. As his dad said, the book of their life is being rewritten as we speak...and that's a scary thing.
2. His family is clinging to the words of encouragement from friends, family, and even people they've never met. I'm asking you to leave a comment with a word of encouragement for his family. If possible leave the state (or country )you live in somewhere in the comment. This blog gets over 500 hits a week from all over the world. While there are a lot of people already praying for this amazing little boy, let's show this family even more. Isaac's parents spend many hours checking their Caring Bridge and Facebook sites for support...this will give them another avenue to get encouragement from.
3. Spread the word. Link back to this blog if you want on your own blogs...but GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO PRAY FOR ISAAC.
This little guy needs our help right now...and I believe in miracles.
"What if Your blessings come through raindrops,
What if Your healing comes through tears.
And what if a thousand sleepless nights,
are what it takes to know You're near.
What if my greatest disappointments,
or the aching of this life,
is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy.
And what if the trials of this life,
the rain..the storms..the hardest nights...
are Your mercies in disguise."
--From the song "Blessings" by Laura Story
From the bottom of my heart...thank you.
Jamie


8 comments:
Praying, praying, and praying.
I can't imagine what that family is going through right now.
Thank you for keeping us all informed and encouraging us to keep Isaac in our thoughts.
God is so able.
Praying for Isaac....silent prayers to an all powerful God. Praying for his family for God to give them strength and understanding. Praying for his doctors to be full of wisdom and healing hands.
Mary
Michigan
The Cripes are praying for this little boy and keeping him and his family in our thoughts.
Constantly throughout my day... My heart aches - my prayers continue. Healing prayers for Isaac, prayers of strength & peace for his family, and prayers for guidance & wisdom for the medical teams that are treating him. I envision thousands of prayer requests floating upward each minute of every hour of every day... non-stop prayers for Isaac from around the globe to the gates of Heaven! YES!!!
Jamie, thanks for the update. I've been following Issac's story and praying since I saw the first post on FB. I actually met Issac's dad when we were out a couple weeks ago and can't imagine what they are going through right now. I just pray that God takes away their worries and fear and replaces it with strength and hope so they can focus on treatment. If that little 5-year-old is like mine, he has more determination and resilience than most adults I know! I believe with that and prayer...brighter days are ahead for this family.
Tonya
Chicago
Poor little guy .. I can only imagine the tender feelings in their home right now. If you (they) are comfortable with the idea, you could share an address or PO Box. I can round up people here and in other places to drop a card in the mail for him. We'll get some fun ones to maybe help bring a smile during the days to come!
Thanks for writing this. It motivated me to make a similar post on my own blog. I know it's not much, but it helps me feel like I am doing something. You write beautifully.
We are praying for Isaac & his family. Asking God for healing for this little boy and peace & comfort for his family.
Psalm 56:8
You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.
Isaiah 43:4
You are precious in My sight and honored, …. I love you. God
Post a Comment