Monday, June 20, 2011

My Bucket List

Ohhh friends, if you knew how long it has taken me to get this post together you would laugh out loud.  It has required this girl to think, think, think!  Let me tell you how it all started...

A few months ago Erin over at Living in Yellow had a bucket list on her blog and encouraged her blog readers to do the same.  (On a side note, if you have never checked out Erin's blog you are missing out.  Simply put...love her positive attitude...love her spunk...love her).  All of this being said, I've never been a fan of bucket lists because, quite honestly, I feel so blessed by what has already transpired in my life.  Sooo many things that "I've always wanted to do" I thought I had already done.

Fast forward about a week....and I was still thinking about Erin's bucket list.  For some reason it REALLY got me thinking.  I started thinking about things I still wanted to do with my life and realized there most definitely were some things that I had not accomplished that had always been in the back of my mind.  Soon after all this I attended my step-grandfather's funeral.  During the service the pastor really talked about allllll the things he had done and how a few weeks before he died he said, "I've really done everything I want to do in life."

That stuck. 

Soooo my friends....after much thought and work and crossing out and adding to I officially have my bucket list.  At this point in my life theses are the top 50 things I have always wanted to do that I either HAVE accomplished (and have crossed off) or WANT TO accomplish in the future.  They are in absolutely no particular order.  Enjoy.

Jamie's Bucket List

Write a children's book
Visit Italy and the town where my great-grandparents are from.
Go to College.

College Graduation

Build a house for Habitat for Humanity.
Fly in a fighter jet.
Get married and have a family.

My World.

See a tornado from a safe distance.
Shower in a waterfall.
Take my kids to a soup kitchen/homeless shelter to volunteer.
Go on a Mission Trip as a family.
Visit Hawaii
Read the whole Bible.
Take a hot air balloon ride over Napa Valley.
Fly in a blimp.
Fly on a zero gravity flight (experience weightlessness)
Take my kids to Disney World.

Halloween in Disney!
Visit England and allll things Princess Diana (including Althorp).
Become trained by the Red Cross to assist children in disaster situations...and be dispatched to use those skills.
Visit the site of the Salem Witch Trials.
Go whale watching.
Purchase value meals with the kids and deliver them to homeless on the streets in our city.
Learn to play tennis...well.
Actively join the campaign to Green our Vaccines!
Take the kids on a "once in a lifetime" vacation before they "leave the nest".
Stage dive and crowd surf at a concert.
Donate blood.
Tour the White House.
Spend an afternoon with Matt on a deserted island.
Host an elaborate outdoor dinner party.
Swim with dolphins.

I could NOT stop smiling!


Tour Ford's Theater.
Adopt a child.
Live my life so that others know I am a Christian...without ever discussing religion.
Vacation in Fiji in a hut over the ocean.
Take the kids to the grocery store and anonymously pay for someone's groceries.
Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.

Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef in Australia!

Stand on a stage in large arena during a concert (any concert) and feel the energy of the crowd.
Create a home that my family feels is a safe and cozy haven in a crazy world.
Be a stay-at-home mommy.

My reason for spending my days at home!


Support a child through World Vision.
Listen to Jimmy Buffet live while leisurely laying on the beach sipping a cocktail.
Sit in a natural hot spring.
Learn Photography.

Smile!

Go skydiving with Eva and Jaden when they each turn 18.
(Note:  Eva, Jaden, and I want to skydive...Matt's not so keen on the idea)!
Spend a week on a catamaran leisurely cruising the Caribbean Islands.
Learn to speak Spanish fluently.
Garden with my children.

Dinner fresh from the garden!

Ice Skate with the kids in Rockefeller Center with the Christmas tree lit.
Frame a bunch of my children's artwork and hang it in my home.
Learn to live in the NOW!  (tough one)!


 "When your life flashes before your eyes...make sure you've got plenty to watch!"
--Unknown


3 comments:

Erin @ Living In Yellow said...

Oooh I smiled the whole way through this. Your list is great! I love the idea to take a shower in a waterfall and also to crowd surfer. I am amazed that you want to skydive, the thought makes me want to throw up, haha.

Thanks so much for sharing this list with your readers and best of luck to you with scratching the items off!! You have SO much to look forward to!

-Erin

Nicole said...

I also read Erins list and have been thinking about it for a while. Good on you for being able to tick things off your list!. I've been a follower of Erin and also think she is so cool. I think you're pretty cool too ;)

You've inspired me to perhaps finally knuckle down and write my bucket list.

I've been your follower for a while and I hope you will follow me and see if that bucket list goes up afterall :)

Kimberly said...

I enjoyed reading this! In fact I re-read it, learning more about my dear friend every day.....I might have to write one now....it will take a lot of thought....