Friday, September 18, 2009

Simple Joy #21

Now that Eva is in school Jaden and I have some quality time together - just the two of us. It's fun to give him my undivided attention and he seems to really enjoy it too. One of our little traditions we have started is occasionally making a little trip to Starbucks after we drop Eva off at school. Sometimes we just go through the drive-thru...and other times we go in.

Today we went in.

I ordered my chai tea and Jaden his apple juice. I told him he could pick where we sit and he picked the big over sized chairs. Together we sat all snuggled up in the chairs and enjoyed our drinks, talked, and laughed. At two years old, Jaden is at one of my favorite ages and so many things he does, as well as his interpretations of what goes on around him, continuously have me smiling. Everyone else in the restaurant seemed to fade away as I just soaked in my time with my favorite little guy in the whole wide world.

So raise your tea or juice and let's have a toast (as Jaden and I did this morning) to special times, laughter, and the joy of a two year old!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Great simple joy. I love my late evening snugly talks with Caleb.