Fresh Tomato, Sausage, and Pecorino Pasta
16 oz. uncooked Penne pasta
8 oz. sweet Italian Sausage (I used zesty instead)
6 Teaspoons Olive Oil
1 cup vertically sliced onion (I used less)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (I used more)
1 1/4 pound tomatoes, chopped
6 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
1. Cook pasta according to directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. Heat large skillet. Remove casings from sausage. Add oil to pan. Add sausage and onion to pan; cook 4 minutes crumbling sausage. Add garlic, cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, cook 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in pasta, cheese, salt, pepper, and basil. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and basil.
This is soooo good with fresh goodies from the garden, and it was super simple to make too! I love it when a new recipe ends up being a keeper!!!!
3 comments:
I'm glad you didn't tell your readers how many helpings I had!! Good stuff!
Mmmm...it looks delicious!
Yummyyyyyy!!!! Wow, I HAVE to try this!
Post a Comment