So, today is the first official day of fall. As much as I loooove summer, I always enjoy all that fall has to offer us too! Just a few random things that have been on my mind as this new season approaches...
1. Time to change the candles!! Does any one else have specific candle scents they use for the various seasons? I'm kind of a fanatic about it.
2. I looooove Halloween....the kiddies Halloween outfits are already ordered and are here. We've tried them on and put them away for that special night! So fun! I've also started getting my Halloween decorations around (although I haven't put any out yet). I think it's fair to say that the amount of Halloween decorations I have comes in second only to Christmas decorations!
3. I'm getting in the mood for warm homemade soups...that is a sign of fall for me!
4. Christmas gift shopping has begun!!! I loooove to jump the gun on this one and get it done as early as possible....usually before thanksgiving. It's not even so much that I don't want to mess with the craziness of Christmas time shopping as it is the fact I can never find a suitable gift when I am rushed. I enjoy shopping for people....I love to really think about something they would enjoy....I love to put some thought and time behind it. If I'm rushed it just doesn't work.
5. Pumpkin Spice Latte's are here....enough said.
6. Again, as much as I love summer clothing it feels good to pull on a pair of jeans, a warm sweater, and break out the Uggs. Although in our neck of the woods it's still a little too warm to do that yet.
7. Our children have started their Christmas lists. My darling daughter put "a motorcycle...the real kind" on her list. She wanted to ensure that Old Saint Nick didn't try to give her a toy motorcycle or anything like that...she wants a REAL one. Hmmm....we might have to sit down and have a little chat with her about that one. It kind of reminded me of when my sis and I were little and she asked for a $2000 robot for Christmas.
8. I'm slightly concerned that football watching is going to take over my house in the coming months. Considering the fact that when I hear the name Tony Romo I immediately think of Jessica Simpson and not the Dallas Cowboys, you can tell I'm not a big fan of the sport.
What fall treats are all of you starting to enjoy as the seasons begin to change??
7 comments:
I agree about Christmas shopping. I love to shop for presents for Christmas, but not after Thanksgiving. I am done with my girls, but have to figure what to get for Ethan. He's a puzzle.
I agree with all of your stuff...they're all on my list too...well not the Christmas shopping stuff but I do need to work on that one this year considering we'll have a new baby in the house sometime the begining of December! My house is already all decorated for fall...it has been for a week! Haha...I have a TON of fall stuff and I LOVE it! But today totally felt like a hot humid summer day and not the 1st day of fall...man it ticked me off! :)
I have to agree, as usual!! Although, we are in the 90's this week and tomorrow is my oldest guy's birthday...it's going to be HOT! Pumpkin spice lattes...I'm so glad my hubby is working to provide those for my yummy consumption!! ;)
Uggs...LOVE THEM! I may buy another pair this year!
I saw your blog through Morgan's and it cracks me up that you mentioned candles because I switched to my pumpkin spice candle about 2-3 weeks ago (MY FAVORITE)! My husband said I wasn't allowed to light it yet because it was still summer! :)
PLEASE make sure that Eva DOES NOT tell Mr. Kevin about her request for a motorcycle...I am pretty sure he would be going to the Harley dealership with his buddy Eva and our bank account is Not prepared for that type of shopping! "Ahhh Eva Marie, the joys!"
OPEN WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so over hot weather!!!
I also will have all in-store shopping completed BY Thanksgiving! It is just not safe to go into a mall after that...
The Christmas shopping is actually good to even start in July! I know you can find some really awesome things on sale during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale(I have worked for them for 5 years +). I also just had to get new scents from Bath & Body works because the ones that I normally have, are no longer available because its not the right season {sniff}. I normally stock up on my favorite in the summer time (since I don't like my house smelling like spices), but with having a baby and little life changing things like that, which have caused me to be a bit more frugal, I didn't get the chance to get my favorite smells. I did settle for Sweet Pea, which is the closest smell to summer scents that you can get right now in a home fragrance from BBW.
Post a Comment