Friday, May 22, 2009

Getting down to the heart of the matter...


As many of you know, I recently spent 2 days wearing a heart monitor due to the fact that I passed out. The doctor wanted to see if there were any irregularities in the rhythm of my heart. I am happy to report that the results of my heart monitor, as well as 2 other tests, have come back completely normal. The doctor seems to think that my passing out was simply a result of standing up way too fast.

I want to thank all of you for the kind words, as well as the many prayers sent my way! Even though my heart told me all was fine...it was comforting to know I had family, friends, and even some of you that I don't know adding me to your prayer list. God is good my friends...all the time.

Hugs,
Jamie

"A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart"
--Anonymous

7 comments:

Loukia said...

Glad to hear your good news - I didn't even know you had passed out! Sorry! Must have been scary. The same thing happened to my younger sister 2 years ago, except she was just sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast and then all off a sudden, she fainted. Dropped to the floor. Was out of it for a few minutes. Ambulance came, and the Dr.'s at the hospital did all sorts of test, but she was A-Okay... just something that happens every once in a blue moon to some people. I used to faint when certain things would happen to me, like getting my blood drawn. Anyway, I'm rambling! Glad YOU are OKAY!

Jami said...

I am so glad to hear all is well, Jamie!

Kimberly said...

Thinking of you always and I am so glad everything is going to be fine. Hugs!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great news...I loved reading your blog tonight.
Be sure and stop by my blog and sign up for the "10 Giveaways" that I will draw for on Wednesday.
Also, please pray for sweet Maggie as she returns to St Jude's this week. Would love for you to grab her button for your blog...

Kelli said...

That is great news. Maybe it was just God's way of telling you to slow down. Take care.

Tonya said...

So glad to hear everything is okay! I haven't been keeping up with my blogs lately, but I have been thinking about you and wondering how everything was going! Thanks for the update!

Stacey said...

Jamie-

I'm so bedhind on everything with selling the house-that is so scary that happened to you. I'm glad you're okay!