
Yes, it's true. I have a new BFF. For those of you that know me personally this will come as no surprise to you....for those of you that don't, here is the scoop...
A few weeks ago I passed out. COLD. I stood up quickly in the morning, felt light headed, and the next thing I remember was laying on the ground with Eva and Jaden over me asking what I was doing on the floor! Quite honestly, it was kind of funny. The part that wasn't funny is that on the way down I hit my head on a nightstand....hard. After a few hours I decided a trip to the ER may be in order because of how hard I hit my head and the fact that I hadn't passed out in a VERY long time (I did occasionally in high school). Sooo....long story short (and many tests later - including a CT scan to make sure I didn't break any bones in my face) I will be undergoing three fairly routine tests just to make sure all is OK. The docs think that all the tests will come back fine, but it is always good to be sure!
That is where my new BFF comes into play. The picture of the monitor at the beginning of my post is a Holter Monitor. I will be wearing this monitor for the next 48 hours to monitor the rhythms of my heart. It is attached by little patches all over my chest, and then it clips on my pants...I look a bit like an early 1990's doctor with a cellphone clipped to my jeans! Ha!
As a person that tends to worry about health related things I can honestly tell you that I am quite amazed at how calm I feel about all of this. I feel in my heart that all will be alright! That being said, prayers are always appreciated! I'll let you know how my new BFF and I are getting along during the next 48 hours...so far - so good...except I can't shower with it on. Then again, true friends love you stinky pits and all!! Ha!!
Hugs and Love,
Jamie
As a person that tends to worry about health related things I can honestly tell you that I am quite amazed at how calm I feel about all of this. I feel in my heart that all will be alright! That being said, prayers are always appreciated! I'll let you know how my new BFF and I are getting along during the next 48 hours...so far - so good...except I can't shower with it on. Then again, true friends love you stinky pits and all!! Ha!!
Hugs and Love,
Jamie
13 comments:
Thinking of you! Praying all the tests come back fine.
I thought you had been through the tests and everything came back OK. I would have talked more about it last weekend if I had known differently. We will be praying for you and YOU BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW what you find out. We love you, Grandma F
A similar experience happened to my husband a couple of months ago. He passed out in the bathroom after getting out of bed. He had to wear a holter monitor and get a couple of other tests done. Turns out he has a very minor condition that is really nothing to be concerned about! Hopefully that brings some comfort. I'll be thinking about you!
It's like your the bionic women!!! Sweet J... I know you'll be fine. Love ya.
You are in my prayers Jamie! Can't go wrong with prayers
WoW! So Scary! I am glad you are getting to the bottom of it! I think your BFF looks like she would be a lot of fun.... I thought it was a new ipod at first:)!
I am so glad they are checking all possiblities, it is always best to cover all the health concerns. I know you will be glad when it is a final ...all is well and I believe in my heart that it is! Love you!
Hey babe - I might go for a run today at lunch, can I borrow that thing??
Love you.
yet another thing we have in common...remind me to tell you the story of me passing out on our honeymoon, in the shower, poor new hubby on mine was scared to death!
I hope the test results are fine and you get to the bottom of things...what a scary thing to black out especially with the kids in the house! Keep us posted friend!
Is your hubby ready for the West?!?!
I meant, 'hubby OF mine'....oops!
You Adams girls with your scary situations! Stop it! I'm not gonna lie - I wish that you'd still be wearing it Friday. I would LOVE to tease you about how cool you look! :) Here's my little advice. One time I had something wrong ( I don't remember what...)and I taught Ella that if she can't wake me up to push the "1" on the cell phone to call Daddy. I thought she was a little young to know about "911," but they're probably the age that they should learn. Hope you're O.K!
I will keep you in my prayers for sure!!
you are always in my prayers! Love and miss you! (sorry I missed your call the other day, lets talk later today k?)
Post a Comment