Yesterday was a day of playing. Eva, Jaden, and I played in the sandbox, we played on the swings, we colored, we played hopscotch, we took 2 bike rides...and that just scratches the surface. Today is a day of packing. Not only clothing...but bandages, emergency ponchos, water bottles, blister aids, mylar blankets, and 2 pairs of running shoes. You see, tonight this happy housewife will leave her family and her home. I will travel to my starting point and bright and early tomorrow morning I will embark on a 60 mile journey. A journey to end cancer.

I ask that all of my readers keep me, as well as all of the other walkers in your prayers the next 3 days. We will stand together and walk city through city and town through town....and in the end literally millions of dollars will be raised. It is a long journey...it is a hard journey...but it is a fight that must be won. EVERYONE DESERVES A LIFETIME.
"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. I refuse to stand here and not do the something I can do."
--Helen Keller
3 comments:
Good Luck Jamie!
You are courageous and are walking on behalf of so many that can't walk on their own.
My Aunt Geraldine fought, unsuccessfully, the battle of breast cancer.
We'll all be thinking of you and praying for well being and great weather for all of you!
We'll be anxious to hear of your stories.
Jill
I am so inspired by you walking this walk. You will be in my thoughts and prayers this weekend -the weather is supposed to be gorgeous! - and I can't wait to hear how the walk was.
Good luck!
Prayin for you the entire time J...
Love you
Kat
Post a Comment