
Our neighbor recently purchased this water slide. It's huge and the children on our street had TOOO much fun on it today! It just made me sit back and think about how fun summer is when you are a child. Don't get me wrong, I love summer now too, but there is a certain quality to summer that you experience as a child you just don't have as an adult. Maybe it's the innocence of childhood...I'm not sure. I sat there and watched the children today and my mind started drifting back to all of the fun memories I have of growing up on warm summer days just like today. Watching the children laughing and sliding made me hope that when these children look back they think of days like this....days of playing, laughing, and eating lunches on beach towels. Days when your biggest worry was mom saying it was naptime and your "house" was a fort made out of sheets in the backyard. I feel blessed to have children that let me recapture, if only for a moment, that innocence that makes summer such a special time.
1 comment:
That looks like a BLAST!!!
Post a Comment