You know how people say brown is the new black? Do you ever think that age 3 is the new 2? People told me ALL the time, "Just wait until she turns 2" and age 2 was a breeze for us. I was beginning to get a bit of a big head thinking we just must be awesome parents. Oh, how God must have chuckled at us. Age 3 has by FAR been our biggest challenge as far as behavior goes. Eva will become quite stubborn because she wants something and then turn around and throw a fit because she doesn't want it. Irrationality runs rampant in our sweet little angel. I've also learned that a toddler's will is an iron one. Just this morning Eva wanted something in the supermarket. When I told her she couldn't have it she proceeded to pull down her pants AND her underwear and just stand there in the middle of the aisle. I was struck speechless (which is rare). What exactly WAS she thinking? Did she think I would say to her, "OK, now that you are naked for the entire grocery store you can have it?" I have to laugh sometimes because it's really the only thing you can do. Needless to say after we had her clothes put back on and she realized she STILL wasn't getting the item she wanted we proceeded pretty uneventfully through our grocery shopping. Please tell me the rest of you have stories like this -I am not the only one! And just so you all know...this little memory will be recorded forever in Eva's journal I keep for her so that someday when her son or daughter does something like that I can say, "Ah, yes...the 3's"
Also, I still am looking for advice on cake decorating (please read my last post) or anyone that wants a free cake - I can even deliver it!
3 comments:
Ok first of all, I want the cake! HA! That is soooo funny! I love hearing funny stories about our little ones, makes me realize we are not the only ones who go through crazy stuff with our kids! There are some days I am just basking in our well-behaved little one and then the next day I wonder where we went wrong! What caused the change? Then I realize its all normal!
Ok that is sooooo funny. I agree that 3 is the new 2 at least it was with Ethan! We will have to wait and see with Aiden.
I definitely agree that 2 was a breeze compared to 3, and 4, and almost 5! :)
At two they are still too cute to really make you mad, but at 3 they can really vocalize their emotions.
You are not alone.
As for the cake--I'm not a master by any means, but I do take pride in making the kids' birthday cakes into a theme cake every year. That's been fun! If you just can't find someone to eat that cake, I'm sure we could help you get rid of it. :)
Post a Comment