Sunday, June 1, 2008

How Often Do You Have Fresh Flowers?

This is the way the poll regarding how often you have fresh flowers in your house finished:

Never 15%
When Someone Gives Them to Me 15%
A Few Times a Year 46%
A Few Times a Month 23%
Always 0%
I rarely ever use to have fresh flowers in my house. Matt and I both felt like they were too pricey and they just died eventually anyway. If Matt DID send me flowers (which was very rare) he always sent them to me at unexpected times - just on a random day - and I liked that. I would much rather get them for no reason at all than for a holiday he felt like he SHOULD send them (Valentine's Day is the one that comes to mind and I think it's CRAZY the way florists jack up their prices during this holiday).
As I've gotten older my tastes have somewhat changed. Matt still doesn't send me flowers a lot - and I want to make it clear that I am PERFECTLY fine with that - I would rather have other signs of affection than flowers ANY day. On the same note, however, I do love the way fresh flowers look in my home - not a bouquet of them, just a few stems. I've found our supermarket has a beautiful supply of flowers at VERY reasonable prices - some even as low as $1.00. Soooo...yes, I often have fresh flowers in my home. They are flowers that I have picked up at the supermarket, and rarely do I buy more than 2 or 3 stems, thus costing only $2 or $3. I feel that a simple daisy in a jar is the perfect little bit of added sunshine in my home.
"Earth Laughs in Flowers"
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: