Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How Often Do You Eat Out or Order In?

The results of the poll:
Once or less per week - 41%
Twice a week- 41%
Three times per week - 17%
I have to be honest, the results kind of surprised me - and I'm not really sure why! Our family usually eats out twice a week. Matt and I have both said that eating a meal out is a family activity we honestly enjoy - we love the event of eating out. We also feel that it is important for our children to learn how to behave in restaurants (staying seated, being patient, quiet voices, etc). That said, I totally understand the importance of eating at home too. For one thing, I don't want our children growing up on restaurant food - eating home is healthier and definitely saves money. I also want both of our children to eventually learn to cook and I feel the best way to do that is to model it and make it fun for them even at a very young age. I'm curious...what are your reasons for eating out or cooking at home?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Tommy and I LOVE to eat out! And our kids are usually pretty good, but for some reason it is stressful for us to do it. We each have our attention on a child and we end up not really focusing on the meal. I think we both worry about them behaving just right. We wouldn't want to upset someone elses dining experience. HOWEVER, when Logan is old enough we will train them both how to eat out (sitting still without having to be entertained) and take them out more often. Because they are so little and so close in age, it is much better for us to carry-out. (the food, not the kids, HA). When we do go out, which is typically when mom or dad are in town, our secret is to visit the dollar store and buy craft stuff for Olivia that she hasn't seen before, and something to keep Logan busy. That REALLY seems to help.