Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Free Cake Anyone?

Well, I mentioned in an earlier blog that I am getting into this whole cookie/cake decorating thing. I was inspired by my friend Katie that makes adorable cookies. I made cupcakes for Jaden's first birthday and loved them. Now I am ready to tackle making a layered cake. I watched Ace of Cakes and was totally inspired....and also became a little overly confident (evident when I began thinking I would just whip up a wedding-type cake...they make it look so easy)!! I also decided I want to use fondant to decorate my cake (again, inspired by the cool cakes on Ace of Cakes). My friend Jami gave me a great fondant recipe that worked for her. I've purchased a book on decorating cakes with fondant, but I am still looking for ANY and ALL advice anyone can give me. If you have ever decorated a layered cake or used fondant and have any advice to give I would really appreciate it. Also, I am looking for a family that would enjoy the cake that I make - it would be wasted around here because we don't eat sweets. Please post comments if you have advice or would be interested in a free cake (I'll even deliver it)!!!

"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon"
--Anonymous

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Freeze me a piece and when we are up next I can try it!!! I am so excited for you! You could go into business someday Jamie!
Miss you!

Sarah said...

I know Michael's has cake decorating classes that are good. My neighbor took the 1st class and now makes wedding cakes on the side. It's something I want to do someday!

Enjoy baking and decorating. Be sure to post photos!!